This article covers the installation process for Cisco Jabber on a Mac.
1. Open Self Service app
2. Search for Jabber
3. Click Install button
1. Download the Cisco Jabber Mac installer from here. Note: If prompted, allow the download.
2. Find the Cisco Jabber Mac package in Downloads and double-tap to start installing.
3. Select Continue on the Welcome to the Cisco Jabber Installer window.
4. Select Continue on the Software License Agreement window.
5. Select Agree on the popup window.
6. Select Install.
7. Enter your Mac password. You will need to be a local administrator.
8. When it's finished installing, select Close.
9. You may click Move to Trash for the installer when prompted.
10. Open Applications folder in Finder and double -tap Cisco Jabber.
11. Click Allow for the notifications prompt in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
12. Enter your UWGB email address and select Continue.
13. Enter your UWGB password and select Sign In.
14. Select OK to the Access Required popup window.
15. Select Open System Preferences on the Screen Recording popup window.
16. In System Preferences window, check the box for Cisco Jabber. Note: If you already had another page open in System Preferences, then you will need to go back to the categories, select Security & Privacy, then click the Privacy tab, then click on Screen Recording in the left list and check the box for Cisco Jabber on the right.
17. Select Quit Now in the popup window.
18. Open Cisco Jabber application again.
19. Select the Jabber menu and select Preferences.
20. On the General tab, you may want to check the box to Start Cisco Jabber when my computer starts.
21. Select the Audio/Video icon at the top of the Preferences window.
22. Select OK on the Cisco Jabber would like to access your microphone window.
23. Select the Video tab at the top.
Note: If you plan to use a headset or something other than the built-in microphone or speakers, you can change them on this Audio tab.
24. Select OK on the Cisco Jabber would like to access your camera window.
25. Select the red circle to close the Preferences window
26. Select the computer and phone icon at the bottom of the contacts list.
27. Change Device for Calls to Computer.