Canvas - Resolving Zoom Error "User does not exist"
After clicking on the "Zoom" link in a UWGB Canvas course, users may see a warning message, "User does not exist". This article details the procedure for resolving this error.
Users who had previously registered for a personal Zoom account using their UWGB email address prior to the implementation of the UW System Zoom service in August 2021 may encounter a "Warning: User does not exist: email@example.com" message after clicking the "Zoom" link in a Canvas course:
To resolve this issue you must sign into the UW System Zoom web portal and accept the invitation from Zoom to switch your Zoom user account to the new UW System Zoom account:
Return to Canvas and click the Zoom link in your course, if prompted to allow the Zoom LTI to access your Canvas account, click Authorize. The Zoom integration should now properly load.
- Go to the UW System Zoom web portal login page at https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us
- Click Sign in
- Select UW-Green Bay as your organization and click Go
- Sign in with your UWGB email address and password
- Complete multi-factor authentication via Microsoft Multi-factor Authorization (Students) or Duo (Faculty & Staff)
- Once you have finished authenticating, click Confirm your email address on the Zoom welcome screen:
- Check your UWGB email inbox (Outlook) for a message from Zoom asking you to "confirm the requested change to your Zoom account". In this message, click the Switch to the new account link:
- After clicking the link in the email, the Zoom page will ask, "Do you want to Consolidate?". Select I Acknowledge and Switch
- Note: The account switch may take some time to process on Zoom's servers, and the Canvas integration warning will persist until the processing is complete. Depending on server traffic, the account switch may process immediately or may take up to a few hours.