Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Windows OS
DVD/CD-ROM driver will not install
Steps to follow if DVD/CD-ROM drive will not install properly and has a yellow exclaimation point, will not read DVD/CD, and does not show up in "Computer".
- Open Device Manager and check the status of the driver.
- On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
- Type Regedit and press Enter
- Navigate to the following registry key:
- Delete the keys named: LowerFilers and UpperFilters.
- Close Regedit.
- Return to Device Manager and Right-click on the driver and select Uninstall Driver.
- At this time the the Device Manager should refresh and try to install the driver again. If it does not, press the Scan for Hardware changes button.
- The yellow triangle should now be gone, test the CD drive.