Setting Quiz Restrictions in D2L
This document is about setting quiz restrictions in D2L.
Setting up quiz restrictions: (Restrictions Tab)
- Click on the Restrictions tab.
- Under the Dates and Restrictions section you can set the Status to
active or inactive by clicking on the drop-down menu. You can also set
the quiz start and end dates. Students can only take and see the quiz
when it is set to active.
- Set the Start Date and End Date by clicking the drop-down lists or the calendar icon.
- Add release conditions in the Additional Release Conditions section. You can set release conditions so that the students meet certain requirements before taking the quiz.
- Click Attach Existing to add a release condition that you have already created in the Conditional Release area or in another tool.
- Click Create and Attach to create a new release condition to associate it with the quiz.
- Click the Expand optional advanced restrictions link if you don’t see the optional restrictions.
- Type in a password in the Password field to require students or proctors to enter a password in order to take the quiz.
- Type in an IP address in the IP Restrictions field to restrict quiz access to students from a certain location.
- Under the Timing section you can set a time limit for the quiz by typing in the number of minutes in the Time Limit field.
- Select the box next to enforced to enforce the time limit.
- Select the box next to show clock to show a clock while taking the quiz.
- Type in the Grace Period field to determine how many minutes the user has after the time limit has expired to submit their quiz before it is flagged as late.
- Late Submissions:
Select Allow normal submission to let students submit the quiz even if the time limit and grace period have expired.
Select Use of Late Limit to create an acceptable limit on how late a submission can be. If the student submits their quiz after the quiz end time + late limit, they will receive a 0. This grade can be manually changed in the gradebook later on, if so desired.
Select Auto-Submit Attempt to automatically submit an attempt when the student performs an action after the time period has expired. If the user takes no action, the quiz will show the attempt as 'attempt in progress' in the quiz grading area.
- To allow students special access to the quiz, select Allow selected users special access to this quiz. Click on the Add Users to Special Access button. Check the boxes next to any of the special access properties. Check the boxes next to the student(s) that you want to assign special access to. Click the Add Special Access button. Click the Save button.
- To restrict the quiz to specific individuals, select Allow only users with special access to see this quiz. Click on the Add Users to Special Access button. Check the boxes next to any of the special access properties. Check the boxes next to the student(s) that you want to assign special access to. Click the Add Special Access button. The quiz would then be restricted to only the students that you selected. Click the Save button.
Setting up number of quiz attempts: (Assessment Tab)
- Click on the Assessment tab.
- Choose the number attempts allowed from the drop-down list.
- Choose which attempt will be included in the grade calculation for the quiz by clicking on the Overall Grade Calculation drop-down list. The attempt calculated can be the highest, lowest, first, last, or average of all attempts.
- Click the Save button.