Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Customizing Your Course's Navigation Bar in D2L
1) Select "Edit Course" in the navigation bar.
This document describes how an instructor may add or subtract tabs in the navigation bar of a course in D2L.
2) Click "Navigation and Themes" under the "Site Setup" banner
3) Make a copy of the navigation bar you are currently using. D2L will not allow you to make changes to the default navigation bar.
4) Click on the copy you just made
5) To delete an item from the navigation bar, move the mouse over the item you would like to delete and click the 'x' in the corner. To add an item select "add links" to open up a list of features you can add to the navigation bar. (Note: you can also click "create custom link" if you would like to try and make your own tab - say for Twitter or something like that)
6) Select the tool you would like to add to the navigation bar and press "Add"
7) Click "Save and Close." This will take you back to the Navbar homepage
8) Finally, you need to activate the navigation bar you just created. To do this, select your new navbar under the "Active Navbar" heading. Then press "Apply" and you are done.