Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Applications
Configure Outlook 2013 for Home or other Remote Access
Before you proceed with the following instructions, you must have Outlook 2013 installed on your computer.
This document discusses configuring Outlook 2013 to work remotely using HTTP technology.
Reminder: Students can download Office 2013 for free following these instructions: Home Use - Install Office 2016 on a Windows Computer
Faculty and Staff can purchase Office 2013 at a substantial discount for home use following these instructions: Document 38660 is unavailable at this time.
1. Open Outlook 2013 from your menu. A setup wizard will appear. Click Next:
2. With Yes already selected to setup an email account, click Next again:
3. Enter your full name and then your full campus email address and password and click next:
4. You will see the screen below while Outlook contacts our mail server. This may take a few minutes, please be patient:
5. Prior to click Finish / Next, be sure to check the box to Change account settings:
6. At the next screen you can first set how much mail to cache. We recommend setting the slider to All. After that click More Settings:
7. In the next window, click the Connection tab and then Exchange Proxy Settings:
8. Check the box On Fast networks, connect using HTTP First. You can leave all other settings the same.
9. Click OK, and then click OK / Finish at the other windows to close all of the setup windows. You may get prompted to log in one more time. If you do, be sure to enter your full email address and password. Check the box to Remember my credentials:
Outlook will now be configured for your campus email. It may take a few minutes after being opened for your mail and calendar to appear.