Topics Map > Instructional Technology > D2L
Switching Between Grid and Reading View (Discussions in D2L)
Grid view is enabled by default. To switch between views:
The Grid View allows you to view discussions in a split screen with either a list or a thread at the top and messages at the bottom; reading view allows you to view messages individually by opening from the Discussions area.
- Log into D2L. Click on the drop-down next to your name in the upper right-hand corner and select Account Settings.
- From Account Settings click on the Discussions tab.
- Look under the area called Personal Settings for the Default View option and select the view you would like.
- If you select Grid View (this is the default), you also have the option to choose between Threaded and Unthreaded discussion views. Threaded view displays sub-topics and replies indented under the posts they address. Unthreaded will display all posts in a list. Choose between these views under Grid View Settings, Default Threading Style:
- When using the Grid View, you will likely want to check the option to Show the preview pane* and Show the search bar.
*Selecting this option displays the lower Preview pane in the Grid View. If this option is not selected, clicking on a post in the Grid View will open the post in a pop-up window.
- Be sure to click Save or Save and Close at the bottom of the page to save your settings.