UWGB-IoT (Internet of Things)
This document details how students in campus housing connect TVs, gaming consoles, smart devices, etc. to the UW-Green Bay IoT network. Instructions for how to manage devices are also included in this document.
1. Navigate to the UW-Green Bay IoT: wireless.uwgb.edu
page on a device connected to eduroam (insert eduroam KB).
2. Sign in with your UW-Green Bay username (your email address without the "@uwgb.edu" at the end).
***NOTE: The welcome page lists "NetReg" as our Wireless Network. This is an older name for the new program and will be fixed in the future.***
3. Sign in again with the same username and password. This second sign in is for the "Operator Login" which needs to be completed.
1. Select the Home Hyperlink:
2. Then Select Create New Device to start the registration process:
You can use any Email as long as it belongs to the owner of the device.
Use the Phone Number that is most accessible of the owner of the device.
The Name of the Device is up to personal choice meant to help recognize multiple same devices on the same network.
Any Notes are optional and are meant to help the user with any reminders, special information, device details, etc.
4. Select Create to finish the registration. You will receive a popup confirmation including your unique UWGB-IoT Password. You will need to enter this UWGB-IoT Password when you connect your device to the UWGB-IoT network. You will also receive a confirmation email with the password.
5. Now, when you go to setup a wireless connection with your device, UWGB-IoT should become an option. When you try to connect to it, it will ask for a password - enter your unique UWGB-IoT Password you received in your confirmation. The device should connect [INSERT TIME] and the process will be complete.
1. To navigate to Manage Devices go to the homepage and Select Manage Devices
2. Once successfully navigated, you can see a list of your added devices. Here, we have an Amazon Echo. From this page, you can Create a new registration form, Remove a select device, Print the select device registration form, or Edit a select device. Your options while editing a device are listed below in step 3.
3. While editing, you can change the MAC Address and the Device Name. When you're done editing, to save your changes Select Update Device.
***NOTE ON WII'S: Wii's will only connect via USB Ethernet adapter
***NOTE ON GAMING: For high performance gaming, use the wired connection in the Residence Halls when available. You will need a standard Ethernet cable.
***Note on printers:
- We encourage students to connect to printers using a USB cable when possible. USB cables are available at the Help Desk free of charge.
- Printers are only allowed to be used on the wireless network if registered and connected to UWGB-IoT (NOT eduroam or UWGB-Guest).
- If you've registered your printer online and connected to UWGB-IoT, and it still does not work, you will need to turn off the wireless settings option and the WiFi direct setting. Even if your printer is turned off completely, if the Wi-Fi direct setting is on, it will still interfere with the network and cause problems for others in the building. USB cables are available at the Help Desk for connecting to your printer.
- There is a known issue with Epson printers not working on our network.