Wordpress Plugin: PDF Embedder
This document will show how to install and activate the plugin: PDF Embedder for a Wordpress site
When you create your ePortfolio, one of the things you'll need to think about is how to display the content you've created from your classes.
- For example, if you'd like to demonstrate your analytical writing skills you may want to showcase an essay you wrote for a class.
- Or, if you've created a Powerpoint that illustrates one of your program learning outcomes, you can convert your Powerpoint to a PDF, and embed that presentation.
Installing a PDF Embedder plugin will allow you to upload your papers as PDF files and then they will be displayed in a viewing window.
Step 1: From your Wordpress Dashboard navigate to the Plugins tab.
Step 2: Click the Add New button
Step 3: Search for "PDF Embedder
Step 4: Choose the Adobe PDF Embedder, created by Dan Lester, and click "Install Now"
Step 5: The plugin will install, and then click the "Activate" link.
- This video will go through the steps above:
Step 6: Now that you have this plugin, it will allow you to upload your paper or even powerpoint as a media file, and then when you insert it into a page, your paper will appear within the viewer window.
- Your file must be a PDF, and to see how to convert from Word or another file type (.doc, .docx, .rtf) see these directions.
- Here's a free site that you can use to convert document files to .pdfs for free: http://smallpdf.com/word-to-pdf