Add Course Gallery to D2L Homepage
An instructor can create and publish Kaltura videos within his/her course using the course gallery. An instructor may, for example, have one assignment explanation video he/she uses in every course. If the instructor is the owner of the video, it can be added to course gallery. The course gallery also has some basic analytic capabilities. To add the course gallery:
- Enter the course as an instructor and click "Edit Course"
- Click to open the "Homepages" tool.
- Click the drop-down next to the active home page (probably "Course Default") and click Copy
- Click on the new (blue link) title of the copied page (probably "Course Default - Copy")
- This is where we will add the course gallery.
NOTE: Instructors are discouraged from making too many changes to their homepages. Consistency across courses helps remove some technology burdens from students.
In one of the larger panels (course gallery works best with more space) (probably under "News" or in the "footer" below everything) click "Add widgets"
- Under "System Widgets" check the box next to Course Gallery and then click Add (you can search for "Course Gallery" in the upper right of the pop-up window)
- A Course Gallery header (white text in a green bar) should appear in that area of the homepage preview
- Click Save and Close (this should return you to the Homepages tool. If not, return to the Homepages tool via Edit Course)
- Under "Active Homepage" click the drop-down and select the new homepage (probably "Course Default - Copy") and click Apply
- A green checkbox should indicate that this homepage is now "Active"
- Return to the Course Home. Course Gallery should now appear on the homepage.
You may initially see text that says "Launch Lti Link" or similar instead of the course gallery. You may also need to click a button to allow the content within D2L or within the browser. Do so, and your "Media Gallery" should appear.
- You can then publish media to the course gallery.