Jabber - Making Ad Hoc Conference Calls From a PC (Windows 10)
This document contains instructions for adding participants to a call to create an ad hoc conference call when using the Cisco Jabber application to make calls from a PC.
You can perform up to 6-way ad hoc conference calls with the Cisco Jabber software by following the procedure below. Connecting large ad hoc conference calls can be time consuming and difficult to manage, so for any conference calls involving more than 3 or 4 lines, it is recommended to use a Conference Now conference line instead. Please see Using Conference Now for On-Demand Conference Calls
2. Select the More button in the black call controls bar and select "Conference" to expand the window to include the conference call control panel.
3. Type the second number you wish to dial in the "Add participants" bar and select the green call button (the call button is gray until a number is typed in the box). Remember to type an "8" before the number when dialing an off-campus number. Note: New versions of Jabber do not have a call button, you instead place the call by pressing Enter on your keyboard after typing the phone number.
4. Once the call to the second line is being placed, the first line is placed on hold. Once the second line answers, the text "Waiting to join" will appear under its number in the conference control panel. Click the green door "Join Conference" button next to the line's number to connect all of the participants together in-conference.
5. Once in-conference, you can add additional users to the call by repeating steps 3-4.
6. Individual lines can be removed from the call by right-clicking the line's number in the conference call control panel and selecting "Remove."
7. Hang up on all lines by selecting the red "End Call" button in the black call controls bar.