Instructions on how to connect from your personal device to your university assigned workstation (PC only).
Note: Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and will not work with SafeConnect VPN.
1A. From a browser, navigate to https://safeconnect.uwgb.edu.
1B. Login with your UWGB Account.
1C. Authenticate with Duo.
2. Select the appropriate version of Global Protect and choose Save File.
3. Navigate to your downloads directory and double-click the GlobalProtect installer to begin installation.
Note: If you see the screen below, consult the following documentation: Switching out of S Mode in Windows 10
4. At the installer Welcome screen, select "Next".
5. Select the default installation location and click "Next."
6. In the confirm installation box select "Next."
7. If you are prompted to allow the app to make changes to your device, select Yes.
8. When the Installation complete box appears, click close.
9. In the “Welcome to GlobalProtect” box in the lower right corner, type safeconnect.uwgb.edu under “Please enter your portal address” (If this box does not appear, search for "global protect" from the search bar and click open).
10. Click "Connect."
11. Sign into the GlobalProtect login box with your UW – Green Bay credentials.
12. You may be prompted to Duo authenticate.
13. When successfully authenticated, you will see a globe icon with a check mark in the icon tray. Alternatively, you can search for "global protect" in the Cortana search bar and click it to open. A box should show up in the lower right indicating you are connected.
To continue on to connecting to your computer, following the instructions from the following article: Remote Desktop Connection