Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > SPSS
SPSS - Fix for macOS Catalina
The authorization wizard is not compatible with Catalina, but there is a patch to fix it.
1. Download the SPSS Catalina patch from the UWGB SPSS website (https://www.uwgb.edu/spss/)
2. Open Downloads folder, then open the 25.0-IM-S25STATIC-MAC-IF008 folder
3. Copy the four files in this folder. You can use cmd + C to copy, or use ctrl + click and select Copy 4 Items.
4. In the new Finder window, navigate to /Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/25
5. Paste the four files in the SPSS 25 folder from the previous step. You can use cmd + V to paste, or use ctrl + click and select Paste 4 Items.
6. Open Terminal. You can use cmd + spacebar to open Searchlight; type in Terminal and press Enter.
7. Type in the following command and press Enter:
8. Type in the following command and press Enter. Enter your password when prompted.
sudo chmod +x IF_LAW_Python_25.sh
9. Type in the following command and press Enter:
10. You should now see text that says License Authorization Wizard, Python2 utility, and Python3 utility were patched.
11. Quit Terminal.
12. Go back to Finder. It should already be in the /Applications/IBM/SPSS/Statistics/25 folder.
13. Rename SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard to be SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard2
14. Rename SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard2 back to be SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard
15. Double click SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard
16. Click the option for "Authorized user license" and enter the authorization code from the following site: https://www.uwgb.edu/spss/
17. When the licensing process is complete, you will see a screen similar to the following:
18. Open SPSSStatistics; it is now ready for use.