Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support
RescueAssist - Connecting as a Customer (macOS)
***NOTE: You must be sent an invitation from the Service Desk so, if you require this type of support, please call (920) 465-2309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.***
1. Select the link sent to you by the GBIT Service Desk or navigate to fastsupport.gotoassist.com. Enter your name and the support key provided by the GBIT Service Desk.
***NOTE: If it's your first time joining a session, you will be prompted to download the GoToAssist Opener "helper" application. Once installed, the GoToAssist Customer application will launch, and you will be joined with the agent in a support session.***
***NOTE: If you've joined a session before and have previously installed the GoToAssist Opener "helper" application, the GoToAssist Customer application will launch you directly into a support session with the agent.***
2. In the top left corner of the desktop, select the "Apple" icon.
3. Select "System Preferences."
4. Select "Security & Privacy."
5. Select the "Privacy" tab.
6. Select "Unlock," and enter your credentials.
7. Make the following changes:
1. In the left side bar, select "Accessibility," and make sure the GoToAssistRemoteSupport box is checked:
2. In the left side bar, select Screen Recording, and make sure the GoToAssistRemoteSupport box is checked:
***NOTE: You may not see all of the boxes listed. If you see none of the boxes listed, please end the session and try connecting again.***
3. End-users on Catalina 10.15.2 need to also perform the following additional setting: "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > GoToAssistRemoteSupport."
8. Select the Lock icon to prevent any further changes. Your settings are saved automatically.
9. Once you have joined a support session, you are prompted to share your screen with the agent and allow them to remotely control your keyboard and mouse. You can choose Stop Screen Sharing on the GoToAssist Customer toolbar to stop screen sharing and remote control at any time.