Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Password Reset
Resetting Password with Microsoft Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) Tool
This document details how to reset your password using the Microsoft Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) Tool.
Microsoft SSPR - Authentication Methods
Microsoft SSPR - Password Reset Methods
1. To reset your password, navigate using the following link: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/.
2. On the following screen:
1. Enter in your full UWGB email address.
2. Complete the Captcha.
3. Select "Next."
3. On the following screen:
1. Select "I forgot my password."
2. Select "Next."
4. Choose a verification method to receive a verification code. An initial alternate email address was pre-filled from your UWGB application. On the following screen:
1. Select "Email my alternate email."
2. Select "Email." Wait a few moments for the verification code to arrive in your alternate email inbox.
5. Once you receive the verification code:
1. Enter it in the field provided.
2. Select "Next."
6. On the following screen:
1. Enter and confirm your new password. Passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a minimum of 14 characters and a maximum of 32 characters
- Must be a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters
- Must contain at least one number
- Must be changed at least every 180 days
- Must not contain any character more than twice consecutively
- Must not contain the user's first or last name
- Must not include any personal information (e.g. name, birthday, SSN)
- Must not be any of the user's last 24 passwords.
2. Select "Finish."
***NOTE: For more information, visit the following page: https://www.uwgb.edu/information-technology/password-reset/.***