Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Accounts
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Password Reset
Resetting Password with Microsoft Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) Tool
This article outlines how to reset your password using the Microsoft Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) Tool.
To reset your password, access the following link: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
At the screen below, enter your full UWGB email address and the captcha provided. Select Next to continue.
At the screen below, select I forgot my password even if this is your first time logging in. Select Next to continue.
Choose a verification method to receive a verification code. An initial alternate email address was pre-filled from your UWGB application. Select the alternate email and then Email. Wait a few moments for the verification code to arrive in your alternate email inbox.
Once you receive the verification code, enter it in the field provided. Select Next to continue.
Enter and confirm your new password. Passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a minimum of 14 characters and a maximum of 32 characters
- Must be a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters
- Must contain at least one number
- Must be changed at least every 180 days
- Must not contain any character more than twice consecutively
- Must not contain the user's first or last name
- Must not include any personal information (e.g. name, birthday, SSN)
- Must not be any of the user's last 24 passwords.
For more information, visit the following page: https://www.uwgb.edu/information-technology/password-reset/
Select Finish to complete your password reset.