Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Global Protect
This article outlines how to uninstall and reinstall Global Protect on a Windows 10 PC.
VPN - User Guide
1. Using the Cortana search bar, search Make Me Admin.
2. Grant yourself administrative access by selecting Grant Me Administrator Rights.
3. Using Control Panel, which can be found via the Cortana search bar, locate Programs and Features.
4. Find Global Protect on the program list and right-select. When the menu appears, select Uninstall.
5. Follow the prompts to uninstall Global Protect. When asked if you want to uninstall, select Yes.
Note: If needed, enter your credentials to uninstall.
1. Using any browser, navigate to https://laptopvpn.uwgb.edu.
2. At the following screen, sign in using your UWGB username (without "@uwgb.edu") and password.
3. Download the Windows 64-bit option.
4. Double-select the download to run it.
5. Follow the prompts for install. Click Next on each window shown below.
6. Once the installation is complete, you will see a window similar to the one shown below. Navigate to the window at the bottom right.
7. Enter the following into the portal address field: laptopvpn.uwgb.edu.
8. When prompted to choose a certificate, be sure to choose the certificate with your computer's GB number at the front; choosing the option with [empty] will lead to errors.
9. Sign into Global Protect using your UWGB username (without "@uwgb.edu") and password.
10. To check if you're connected, find the icon below and select it.
11. If you are connected, you should see the screen below.