Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > SPSS
SPSS 27 - Mac Error Message "You do not have the correct administrator privileges to license this product"
This document details how to fix the following warning message for Mac users: "Warning! You do not have the correct administrator privileges to license this product. Please log in as an administrator and try again, or contact your network administrator to correct this issue."
How to Fix the Error
Verify that the currently logged in user is an admin in Users and Groups in System Preferences. If they are an admin, then proceed with the following steps:
1. Close the License Authorization Wizard and any other SPSS apps.
2. Open "Terminal" (Spotlight search can be accessed by press cmd+spacebar).
3. Enter the following command and press "Enter": cd /Applications
4. Enter the following command and press "Enter": sudo chown -R root:admin IBM\ SPSS\ Statistics\ 27/
5. Enter your Mac's password when prompted (the cursor will not move) and press enter.
6. Open the License Authorization Wizard again and you should be able to license it.