Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Multi-Factor Authentication
Duo - Self-Service Options
***NOTE: The adding and enrollment of devices can only be done if enabled by your administrator.***
1. When logging in to an application with the Universal Prompt, select the Other Options link on the authentication page to view your list of available methods to log into Duo.
2. Select "Manage Devices."
3. Verify your identity through any of these Duo options.
4. To add a new method of verifying in Duo, select "Add a device" and select one of the verification options.
5. Duo will walk you through the process of adding a new device, just like first-time enrollment.
***NOTE: The difference between adding a new device from device management and during first-time enrollment is that when you have finished enrolling the new device you return to the device management page to view all your registered devices, including the new one, instead of continuing to log into an application.***
1. In Manage Devices, select "Edit" to start the renaming process.
1. Enter the desired name in the field.
2. Select "Rename."
***NOTE: This new name shows up in the verification method list and on the authentication page when you log in with Duo to make it easier for you to identify which device you're using.***
***NOTE: When you have more than one device enrolled in Duo, you can set a device to be the default when completing a Duo authentication prompt.***
1. It is recommended to have a cellular device as the default device.
2. To begin:
1. Select your country from the drop-down list and enter your mobile phone number.
2. Select "Add phone number."
***NOTE: If you're using Duo Mobile on a tablet (like an iPad) with no phone service don't enter a phone number and select "I have a tablet instead."***
3. Once you've entered a phone number, double-check that it's entered correctly and select "Yes. it's correct" to continue, or "No, I need to change it" to go back and enter the number again.
***NOTE: If the phone number you entered already exists in Duo as the authentication device message to confirm that you own it. Select how you want to receive the code, and enter it to complete verification and continue.***
4. Download and install Duo Mobile on your phone (or tablet) from the Google Play Store or Apple App store.
5. Once Duo Mobile has been installed, select "Next."
6. Open the Duo Mobile app on your phone (or tablet) and add this account by scanning the QR code, or select "Or email activation code" and enter your email address to send the activation link to yourself. Follow the instructions in the email to activate the new account in Duo Mobile.
7. When you receive the pop-up saying that Duo Mobile was added select "Continue."
8. You can now log in to Duo-protected applications with Duo Push or with a Duo Mobile passcode.
1. In Manage Devices, select "Edit" on the device that you wish to remove.
2. Select "Remove," and then you will need to confirm the device's removal.
3. Select "Delete Touch ID."
***NOTE: Once deleted, a verification device cannot be restored ,but if you still have the device available you can add it again. You can't delete your only identity verification device.***