Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Kaltura/My Media
Kaltura - Creating a Clip of a My Media Video in Canvas
This document details how to create and edit video clips in the Video Editor tool of the Kaltura app through Canvas.
1. Open My Media in Canvas by selecting "Account > My Media" in the Canvas Global Navigation Menu.
2. Locate the video from which you wish to create a clip and select its pencil-shaped "Edit" button.
3. Select the "Launch Editor" button on the video's edit page.
4. On the video timeline at the bottom of the video editor window, select and drag the play cursor to position it at the time of the video when you would like your clip to start.
***NOTE: You can play and pause the video with the play button underneath the video preview player to help pinpoint the exact time for your clip's start. The play cursor's position on the timeline and time on the video preview player sync with each other.***
***NOTE: To allow for finer adjustments while dragging the play cursor, you can zoom in on the timeline by adjusting the Timeline Zoom slider.***
***NOTE: If you know the exact time to use for your clip's start, you may enter that time (mm:ss) underneath the video player and the play cursor will jump to that spot.***
5. Select "Set In" on the play cursor to mark that time as the start of your clip.
6. Select and drag the play cursor to position it at the time of the video when you would like your clip to end.
7. Select the Set Out button on the play cursor to mark that time as the end of your clip.
8. Select "Save a Copy."
9. Enter a title for the clip then select "Create."
10. Your clip is created as a new media entry in your My Media library. You can embed your clip in Canvas or copy its share link immediately, but the clip must finish processing on the media server before the video can be played back. Depending on the length of your clip and how busy the media server is, processing can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours to complete.