Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas - Creating Assignments
Canvas Assignments Basics
Video Source (Canvas Video Guide)
What are Assignments? (Canvas Basics Guide)
Selected How-to Resources (Canvas Instructor Guides)
- How do I use the Assignments Index Page?
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I add or edit details in an assignment?
- How do I create an online assignment?
- How do I add an assignment using an external tool?
- How do I create a group assignment? NOTE: In Canvas group assignments, each group makes one joint submission to the assignment.
- How do I publish or unpublish an assignment?
Configuring Assignment Settings
- What is the difference between assignment due dates and availability dates?
- How do I assign alternate due dates to specific students? (UWGB KnowledgeBase Article)
- How do I assign an assignment to an individual student?
- How do I limit submission attempts for an assignment?
- How do I exclude an assignment from the course's final grades?
- How do I delete an assignment?
- How do I duplicate an assignment?
- How do I download all student submissions for an assignment?
Using Assignment Groups
- How do I add an assignment group in a course?
- How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups?
- How do I create rules for an assignment group? (e.g. automatically drop the lowest score in a group)
Canvas support is available 24 hours a day! Access Canvas support options by clicking the Help button in the Global Navigation Menu located along the left-edge of any page in Canvas. The Help menu contains options for contacting Canvas support via live chat, phone, and email. For more information on contacting Canvas support, please see Canvas - Contacting 24/7 Canvas Support .