Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas - Calendar Guide for Instructors
The Canvas Calendar can be used to help instructors and students keep track of events, assignment due dates, and to-do items across all of their courses. This article is a collection of technical guides intended to help instructors use the Canvas Calendar.
Video Source (Canvas Video Guide)
What is the Calendar? (Canvas Basics Guide)
Selected How-to Resources (Canvas Instructor Guides)
Viewing the Calendar
- How do I use the Calendar?
- How do I filter the Calendar view by course?
- How do I subscribe to the Calendar feed using Outlook?
- How do I subscribe to the Calendar feed using Outlook for the web?
- How do I add an event to a course calendar?
- How do I add and duplicate an event in the Calendar? (For regularly recurring events)
- How do I add an assignment from the Calendar? (Any assignment with a due date will be automatically added to its course's calendar)
- How do I add a page to the student To-Do list? (Pages added to the To-Do list appear in the course calendar)
- How do I edit an event or assignment in the Calendar?
Using Scheduler Appointments
Instructors can use the Scheduler tool to create blocks of time in which students can sign up for individual appointments. This tool can be used to facilitate office hours and/or other one-on-one meetings.
- How do I add a Scheduler appointment group in a course calendar?
- How do I view or edit a Scheduler appointment group in a course calendar?
- How do I remove students from a Scheduler appointment in a course calendar?
Canvas support is available 24 hours a day! Access Canvas support options by clicking the Help button in the Global Navigation Menu located along the left-edge of any page in Canvas. The Help menu contains options for contacting Canvas support via live chat, phone, and email. For more information on contacting Canvas support, please see Canvas - Contacting 24/7 Canvas Support.