Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication - Setting up the Mobile App
This document details how to set up the authenticator app as a security verification method for Microsoft's Multi-factor Authentication.
1. Follow the prompt on the following screen to download the Microsoft Authenticator App on your phone or chosen mobile device. Select Next when downloaded.
2. On the app, select the the "+" in the upper right corner to start adding your account.
3. Select work or school account and allow camera access to the Authenticator App.
4. Scan the barcode to connect your Microsoft account to the Authenticator App.
5. Select next when the barcode is successfully scanned.
6. Microsoft will now send a notification to the app to verify the Authenticator App is working correctly.
7. Approve the notification on your Authenticator App.