Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Multi-Factor Authentication
Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication - Setting up the Mobile App
This document details how to set up the authenticator app as a security verification method for Microsoft's Multi-factor Authentication.
Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication - Setting up Microsoft Authenticator with Phone
Downloading Multi-Factor Authentication
1. Open the app store on your phone.
2. Enter "Microsoft Authenticator" in the search bar and select the first search option.
3. Download the following app.
Setting Up the App
1. On your computer, navigate to the following site: Set up for Microsoft Authenticator.
2. Enter in your UWGB email address, and select "Next."
3. Enter in your UWGB credentials, and select "Sign in."
4. When signed in, a pop-up will appear asking you to enroll. On the Start by getting the app screen, select "Next."
5. Open the authenticator app on your phone. If prompted, allow notifications.
6. On your computer, select "Next" on the Set up your account screen.
7. On your phone, select the "+" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
8. Select "Work or school account."
9. Select "Scan a QR code."
10. On your computer, the QR code should have appeared on the screen:
1. Use your phone to scan the QR code.
2. Select "Next."
11. Microsoft will send a notification to the app to verify that it is working correctly. Select "Approve" on your phone.
12. On your computer, select "Next" on the Notification approved screen.
13. Your phone is now connected as an authentication option.