Topics Map > Instructional Resources
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
Windows 10 - Mapping M: Drives (Home Directory)
This document details how to map your UW-Green Bay M: drive (home directory).
Windows 10 - Mapping Drives
Setting up Map for Network Drive
1. Navigate to File Explorer on the task bar or start menu.
2. In File Explorer:
1. Select "This PC" on the left side of file explorer.
2. Select "Computer" at the top.
3. Select "Map Network Drive."
4. On the Map Network Drive screen:
1. Select the desired letter for the drive.
2. Enter the correct file path.
3. Make sure only the Reconnect at sign-in checkbox is checked.
4. Select "Finish."
The drive will now appear under This PC with your other drives.
Folder Path Examples
To map your M: drive (home directory), use the following paths:
- Staff: \\fpsa\u\username
- The "username" is your UW-Green Bay staff email without @uwgb.edu.
- The letter "u" is the first letter of your last name/the first letter of your UW-Green Bay username.
- Ex: \\fpsa\d\doerjc
- Student workers: \\fpsa\studentworkers$\username
- The "username" is your UW-Green Bay student worker email without @uwgb.edu.
- Ex: \\fpsa\studentworkers$\stoffice