Canvas Textbook Integrations
Some instructors choose to make use of the digital resources provided by textbook publishers. Generally these come at some additional cost to students, but offer them the ability to practice formative tasks and access learning materials online.
- Students can access this textbook ANYWHERE, sometimes without internet and sometimes on other devices like smart phones.
- Pre-existing interactive activities are available.
- There are dynamic opportunities for students to learn more, like clicking on words they don’t know to get the definition.
- If the text does not have an off-line version, the student cannot access it without an internet connection.
- The publisher portals are another layer of technology, and can suffer from outages, account creation and password issues, and software bugs.
- It might be easier for students to get distracted if they're already on electronic devices while studying.
- If you're concerned about ensuring equity, relying on an internet-only text or digital text in general may pose a problem.
- Your students may not like a digital only option if you can't also get a normal text.
- You and your students must rely on publisher-provided support. UW-Green Bay staff don't have the ability to help with publisher content since they don't have access.
Publisher Integrations Currently Available
Requesting Integrations not Listed Above
To request an integration not listed above, please email email@example.com. Approval is based upon publisher compliance with UW-System policies. Most requests take 30-60 days to complete. For more information on the review process, see this page.