Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Web Conferencing
Zoom - Cloud Recordings Not Syncing with Canvas (Known Issue)
Instructors who record Zoom meetings scheduled through the Canvas Zoom integration may occasionally experience this issue.
This issue is present as of 2/24/22. UW System DLE is investigating.
First, ensure the following:
- The meeting was scheduled through the Canvas Zoom integration.
- In your Canvas course, go to Zoom > Previous Meetings and verify the meeting is present in the list.
- The meeting had automatic recording enabled in the settings or was manually recorded.
- The recording has finished processing.
- Check your UWGB email inbox for an email from Zoom notifying you that the recording is ready or verify that the cloud recording is present and playable in the Zoom web portal by logging in and then going to Recordings > Cloud Recordings.
***NOTE: Recordings generally take about 2 times the duration of the recording to process, but occasionally may take up to 24 hours during times with higher processing loads.***
If all the above are true, follow these steps to force the Zoom cloud recording to re-sync with Canvas.
1. Log in to the Zoom web portal with your UWGB credentials.
2. In the navigation menu on the left, select "Recordings." You will see a list of your cloud recordings.
3. Find the recording you wish to sync with Canvas:
1. Select the three dots next to the recording.
2. Select "Delete."
4. Select "Trash" in the top right-hand corner of the Recordings menu.
5. In the Deleted Meeting Recordings tab, find the recording you wish to sync with Canvas then select "Recover" in the far-right column. Select "Recover" again to confirm. Your recording will be available again on the Recordings page of the web portal.
6. Wait a few minutes and then check the Cloud Recordings tab of the Zoom page in your Canvas course to see if the recording is present.