Creating Presentations and Content for BrightSign Devices
This KB will explain how to create Presentations and Content for BrightSign Digital Signage.
1. Log into BA Connected (install instructions in https://uknowit.uwgb.edu/internal/118328)
If you do not have an account, contact the IT Service Desk and they will create a Service Call.
Creating a Presentation
2. Click on the Presentation Tab dropdown at the top of the screen. From here you can either create a new presentation or look at current presentations. Click on New Presentation.
3. You will need to enter a Name for the presentation (usually the name of the BrightSign you are creating this for. You will need to know what model the BrightSign you are creating for is. Leave Connector, Targer Resolution, Target Frame Rate, and Orientation as their defaults unless otherwise specified by IT. Then click Start.
4. The first Window that opens is the layout view of the screen. At this point you can break the screen into as many sections as you can fit. For this KB we will be using 1 Zone. Once you have split the Zones up as much as you wanted, double click on it.
5. The next Window will allow you to Add content. (if you have not created content yet, jump to Step # 10)
6. You can either add Content that has already been created from the BSN.cloud Library on the left by going into Media or you can click on Widgets at the bottom of the screen to add other content.
7. Once you are done with your presentation you will need to click the save button and then click publish.
8. Once you click Publish, you will be brought to the Schedule tab. You will need to select your Group (BrightSign Device) you want to display your presentation.
9. Then you will click the name of your Presentation under BSN.cloud on the left side and then click Publish. It will take a few seconds before it takes effect on the BrightSign.
10. BrightSign can only display content that is uploaded in a MP4 format. This may require you to export your PowerPoint into a MP4 video which you can do directly from PowerPoint.
11. Once your MP4 is ready, log into BA Connected and click the dropdown for Content and click Upload new Media.
12. Select the MP4 file you want and upload.
13. Your file will be uploaded to the root of the Media folder. You will need to click and drag it to the folder for your department/area/BrightSign.
14. You can now use this content to either create or update Presentations.