Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas (Instructors) - Adding a New Page to a Module
***NOTE: Pages in Canvas are an effective tool for conveying information and sharing resources with students. Adding paged to modules helps to present that information within the context of a week or unit of your course.***
Perform the following steps to add a new page to a module in your Canvas course:
1. Navigate to the Home page or Modules page of your Canvas course.
2. On the header of the module to which you want to add the page, select the Add item icon (plus sign).
3. In the "Add [Item Type] to" drop-down menu, select "Page."
4. At the top page selection field, select "[ Create Page ]."
5. In the Page Name field, enter a name for your new page.
6. (Optional) If you wish the page to appear indented within the module, in the "Indentation" drop-down menu, select an indentation level.
7. Select the Add Item button.
8. A new blank page is created and added to the bottom of the module. Select the name of the page in the module to open it.
9. At the top of the page, select the Edit button to begin editing the page.
10. Use the Rich Content Editor to add text, links, images, and media. Please see the Rich Content Editor pages on the Canvas Instructor Guide for more information.
11. When you are finished adding content to the page, select the Save button to save your changes, or select the Save & Publish button to both save your changes and publish the page so students can see it.