Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Wi-Fi
How to Report an Internet Outage to the Service Desk
This document details the information needed to report an outage.
In the event of an outage, we are doing the best we can to fix it quickly.
Please contact the GBIT Service desk by email at email@example.com or by phone at (920) 465-2309 to report or check the status of an outage. When reporting an outage, be prepared to supply the following information to the best of your ability:
1. Name of the person reporting the outage.
2. Room number and building the outage or person is located.
3. If this is a wireless (IoT or eduroam) or wired (ethernet) issue.
4. Which devices are experiencing the outage.
5. When the issue began.
6. What the error is and/or a description of the problem.
7. If the outage is affecting an individual, room, or a building.
8. Any troubleshooting steps that have already been attempted.