Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Canvas
Canvas - ePortfolio Gude for Instructors
This article is a collection of technical guides intended to help instructors build, manage, and share an ePortfolio in Canvas. You must be enrolled in a Canvas course to create an ePortfolio.
Video Source (Canvas Video Guide)
The following links point to selected articles in the Canvas Instructor Guide: Full Canvas Instructor Guide Index
What is an ePortfolio in Canvas?
Instructors who are enrolled in a Canvas course can build an unlimited number of ePortfolios to collect and document their education projects, submissions, experiences and other work products.
To get started with creating your ePortfolio, the ePortfolio Getting Started Wizard will guide you through the ePortfolio building process.
Creating a Canvas ePortfolio
Building and Managing ePortfolio Sections
- How do I create a new ePortfolio section?
- How do I organize my ePortfolio? (Organize by renaming, reordering, or moving sections)
Building and Managing ePortfolio Pages
- How do I create a new page in my ePortfolio section?
- How do I edit the default page in my ePortfolio?
- How do I organize my ePortfolio page?
- How do I preview a page in my ePortfolio?
- How do I add rich text content to my ePortfolio page?
- How do I add HTML/embedded content to my ePortfolio page?
Adding Canvas Assignments & Files
- How do I retrieve assignments from previous courses in my ePortfolio?
- How do I upload a file or image to my ePortfolio page? (Files uploaded to your ePortfolio count against your user storage quota)
Publishing a Sharing ePortfolios
- How do I enable comments in my ePortfolio?
- How can I share a private ePortfolio?
- How do I make my ePortfolio public?
Downloading and Deleting ePortfolios
Canvas Support is available 24 hours a day! Access Canvas support options by clicking the Help button in the Global Navigation Menu located along the left edge of any page in Canvas. the Help menu contains options for contacting Canvas support via live chat, phone, and email for instructors. For more information on contacting Canvas support, please see Canvas Contacting 24/7 Canvas Support.