Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Kaltura/My Media
Kaltura - Adding Hotspots to a My Media Video in Canvas
This document details how to add hotspots to a video in your Kaltura My Media library.
***NOTE: Hotspots are boxes that appear over part of your video during playback at a designated time. Hotspots can contain text and be set up as clickable links which can direct the viewer to a different part of the video or another website.***
***NOTE: Kaltura hotspots do not appear when using a Kaltura My Media video as a video source in a PlayPosit bulb.***
Perform the following steps to add hotspots to a Kaltura My Media video:
1. Open "My Media" in Canvas by selecting "Account > My Media" in the Canvas Global Navigation Menu.
2. Locate the video to which you want to add hotspots and select its pencil-shaped "Edit" button.
3. Select the "Launch Editor" button on the video's edit page.
4. Select the Hotspots icon in the tool selection menu found on the left edge of the editor window.
5. Use the editor tools to add and customize video hotspots by following the instructions in the following Kaltura Knowledge Center guide: Kaltura Video Editing Tools - Hotspots Tab