Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services
Kentico - Creating Accordions
This document details how to create accordions in the Kentico application. An accordion is a vertically stacked set of interactive headings that each contain a title representing a panel of content that users can expand or collapse. Use accordions selectively. Avoid using more than 5 to 7 accordion panels.
- Insert an Accordion Section:
- Click the gray plus sign button located on the bottom left side of an editable zone.
- Click the Accordion from the Sections menu. The new section will be inserted below the plus sign.
- Change the section background to light gray.
- Insert an Accordion Item:
- Click the bluish-gray plus sign button located in the center of the Accordion section.
- Click the Accordion Item widget and an accordion panel will be inserted on the page.
- Edit the Accordion Item title:
- Hover over a Accordion Item widget and select the gear icon on the top right of the block.
- Enter text in the Title field. This text will appear in the title bar of the accordion item.
- Click Apply.
- Edit the Accordion Item Contents:
- Click the down carrot icon (⌄ ) to expand the content area.
- Insert your cursor in the content area and use the rich text editor to edit the panel contents.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 until you have the accordion items you need
Accordion sections and widgets don’t work if they have been copied and inserted on the page using the copy widget and copy section function. This is due to the nature of the script that allows these accordions to work.