Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services
Kentico - Table of Contents Pages
This document details how to create a table of contents page in the Kentico application. For long informational pages with various headings that need to be referenced, it can be useful to create a table of contents menu. This is accomplished with the combination of a Table of Contents template and widgets.
How to Create a Table of Contents Page
- First, you need a page that uses a Table of Contents template.
- If the page already exists, you can select the floating orange template icon on the bottom left of the screen and select Table of Contents Page Template — CAREFUL! When you do this, you'll lose any content, widgets, sections on the page.
- If you’re Creating a New Page, select the Table of Contents Page Template or use the Table of Contents Page custom template.
- Enter the appropriate intro widget in the Intro Section at the top of the page.
- Insert a content widget into the body section.
- Click the bluish-gray plus sign button located in the center of the body section.
- Click the Generic 1-Column widget and an accordion panel will be added to the page.
- Set the Anchor ID for the content widget
- Hover over the target widget (where you want the "On this page menu" to link to) and click the gear icon on the top right of the block.
- Enter an Anchor ID – this adds a unique identifier to this element so you can link to it. (Make it short and descriptive. Don’t use spaces or special characters.)
- Add Links to the On this page menu
- Click on the bluish-gray plus sign button in the center of the On this page menu section.
- Click the Table of Contents Link widget and a link will be added to the page.
- Hover over the Table of Contents Link widget and select the gear icon on the top right of the block.
- Enter the Link Text that you want to appear in the On this page menu
- Enter the Anchor ID that identically matches that of the corresponding content widget
- Click Apply.
- Repeat Steps 3-6 as needed.
- Enter a Contact Us Block in the default section at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save.