Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Accounts

Name Change; Incorrect Information in the Online Directory

This document discusses how to get your name changed at UWGB.

All name changes for all students and all employees (faculty and staff) need to come from the HR System and be entered by the appropriate office (HR or Registrars Office).

The HR system is the authority and Active Directory needs to follow to keep the data in sync. Staff requesting a name change should be directed to the Human Resources Department.

  • HR make the changes to the HR System 
  • HR System changes triggers a message to the IS
  • The System Admins make the network changes

Students requesting a name change should be directed to the Registrar's Office

  • The Registrar's office make the changes to SIS
  • This creates a file for FPSB
  • The process is automated, a script runs, and the change is made.

Note: When a user changes their name and chooses to change their username/email, people who email them often may need to delete the auto-fill email associated with the old name. An easy way to tell if this is happening is if Outlook auto-fills with the old name and the user gets errors trying to send to the person who changed their name. 

Keywords:name change maiden name account change marriage divorce online directory   Doc ID:20528
Owner:Kim M.Group:UW Green Bay
Created:2011-10-04 15:49 CDTUpdated:2020-04-28 10:23 CDT
Sites:UW Green Bay
Feedback:  0   0