Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Adobe
Adobe Color Correction
This document discusses how to keep colors accurate when exporting and printing as PDF
Scenario: Colors are not consistent and accurate when exporting to PDF within Adobe products.
Before printing your *.indd, export to PDF with a CMYK color profile. (Similar steps for Printing your *.ai, save as PDF.)
This example is from Adobe InDesign but similar steps can be taken in Adobe Illustrator.1. Select File, Export from InDesign's main menu. (Adobe Illustrator: File, Save As)
2. Select Adobe PDF (Print) and click on Save.
3. Adobe InDesign: Select the Output tab. Change the "Color Conversion" to Convert to Destination (Preserve Numbers).
3B. Adobe Illustrator - Select the Output tab. Select the High Quality Preset. Match your settings to below.
4. Adobe InDesign: Check that "Profile Inclusion Policy" is set to Include Destination Policy.
5. Select Export or Save and use Adobe Professional, or PhotoShop to print the PDF.
6. From Adobe Professional or Photoshop, select File, Page Setup. Caution when printing! Be sure you have the Tabloid Printer selected in Page Setup.
7. Select File, Print... Be certain you are printing to an 11 x17 paper.