Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
Mac - Connecting to Network Shares
This document details how to map network drives and how to automatically connect a share when you log in on MacOS.
1. Open "Finder."
2. Select the "Go" menu in the upper left menu on the homescreen.
3. Select "Connect To Server."
4. In the following screen:
1. Enter the share in this format smb://servername.uwgb.edu/share (example: smb://fpsa.uwgb.edu/compserv$).
2. Optional: Select the + button to add the share to your favorite servers.
3. Select "Connect."
1. First connect to a network share as described in the section above: Connecting to a Network Share.
2. On the homescreen of the Mac:
1. Select the Apple logo in the upper-left side of the screen.
2. Select "System Preferences."
3. Open "Users & Groups."
4. Select the "Login Items" button
5. Click and drag the network share icon from your desktop to the Login Items window
For a Personal Mac
We recommend that people use OneDrive either through the web browser or using the OneDrive sync app from the App Store. If you're a faculty or staff using SafeConnect VPN, you can follow the instructions above for a University Mac on Campus.