Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Macintosh
macOS - Connecting to Network Shares
This document explains how to map network drives in macOS.
- Open Finder
- Click on Go menu in upper left of screen, then select Connect To Server
- Enter in the share in this format smb://servername/share (example: smb://fpsa/compserv$)
- Optional: Click the + button to add the share to your favorite servers.
- Click Connect
To automatically connect to a share when you log into a particular Mac:
- First connect to a network share
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Open Users & Groups
- Click the Login Items button
- Click and drag the network share icon from your desktop to the Login Items window
University Mac off Campus:
Faculty and staff can connect to network shares using the above instructions while connected to VPN.
We recommend that people use OneDrive either through the web browser or using the OneDrive sync app from the App Store. Webdav-enabled shares can also be connected to using CyberDuck: