Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
Mac - Connecting to Network Shares
1. Open "Finder."
2. Select the "Go" menu in the upper left menu on the homescreen.
3. Select "Connect To Server."
4. In the following screen:
1. Enter the share in this format smb://servername.uwgb.edu/share (example: smb://fpsa.uwgb.edu/compserv$).
2. Optional: Select the + button to add the share to your favorite servers.
3. Select "Connect."
1. First connect to a network share as described in the section above: Connecting to a Network Share.
2. On the homescreen of the Mac:
1. Select the Apple logo in the upper-left side of the screen.
2. Select "System Preferences."
3. Open "Users & Groups."
4. Select the "Login Items" button
5. Click and drag the network share icon from your desktop to the Login Items window
For a Personal Mac
We recommend that people use OneDrive either through the web browser or using the OneDrive sync app from the App Store. If you're a faculty or staff using SafeConnect VPN, you can follow the instructions above for a University Mac on Campus.