Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Printing
Mac - Entering a User Code for a Ricoh Printer
This document details how to enter a job code for a Ricoh printer on a Mac.
Printing - Adding a Network Printer to a Mac
In order to set a job code for a Ricoh on a Mac, you need to set a custom preset for the printer.
1. After installing the printer, open up any program and navigate to File -> Print. If you see this condensed view, select the down arrow for the expanded view.
1. Select the dropdown menu underneath the Presets dropdown menu and select "Job Log."
2. Under User ID, enter an identifiable name. It can be your campus username or just your first name if you are in a small department.
3. Under Job Type you can select either "Normal Print" or "Hold Print."
a. Normal Print prints as soon as you send the job.
b Hold Print send the job to the printer, but it doesn't print until you release it from the control panel of the device. This is useful if you are in a large area.
User Code Configuration
In the same screen as above:
1. Check the box to Enable User Code.
2. Enter in your assigned user code.
2. Select "Job Log" and select "Printer Features."
3. It is highly recommended you change Color Mode to "Black and White." This saves your department money and you can always come back and change it to "Color" as needed.
4. Under Presets, select "Save Current Settings as Preset..."
5. Make a name:
1. Type in an informative preset name. Generally, the printer queue name and Black Only (if you set it above to black only) will suffice.
2. Select "Okay."
6. Print a test document. This will save the preset as the new default for that printer.