Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Macintosh
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Printing
Entering a User Code for a Ricoh printer on a Mac
This document shows how to enter a job code for a Ricoh printer on a Mac.
Adding a Network Printer to a Mac
User Code Configuration
In order to set a job code for a Ricoh on a Mac, you need to set a custom preset for the printer.
- After installing the printer, open up any program and go to File > Print. If you see this condensed view, click the down arrow for the expanded view.
Do 1.1 only if they need "Hold Printing" instead of Normal Printing. Otherwise, keep as "Normal Print"
1.1. Under User ID, enter an identifiable name. It can be your campus username or just your first name if you are in a small department. Next, under Job Type you can select either Normal Print or Hold Print. Normal Print prints as soon as you send the job and Hold Print send the job to the printer, but it doesn't print until you release it from the control panel of the device. This is useful if you are in a large area.
1. Check the box to Enable User Code and type in your assigned user code.
2. Click on Job Log and select Printer Features.
3. It is highly recommended you change Color Mode to Black and White. This saves your department money and you can always come back and change it to Color as needed.
4. Under Presets, click Save As.
5. Type in an informative preset name. Generally, the printer queue name and Black Only (if you set it above to black only) will suffice.
6. Print a test document. This will save the preset as the new default for that printer.