Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Macintosh
Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Printing
Adding a user code to a Ricoh Printer on a Mac
This document shows how to set a job code on a Ricoh multifunction printer.
In order to set a job code for a Ricoh MFP on a Mac, you need to set a custom preset for the printer. First, make sure you have followed the steps to add the network printer here: Adding a Network Printer to a Mac
Please note that going forwad, Ricoh MFP running on Mac's will be setup to print via the IP port rather than through the server print queue.
- After installing the printer, open up any program and go to file print. If you see this condensed view, click the down arrow for the expanded view.
Do 1.1 only if they need "Hold Printing" instead of Normal Printing. Otherwise, keep as "Normal Print"
Under User ID, enter an identifiable name. It can be your campus username or just your first name if you are in a small department. Next, under Job Type you can select either Normal Print or Hold Print. Normal Print prints as soon as you send the job and Hold Print send the job to the printer, but it doesn't print until you release it from the control panel of the device. This is useful if you are in a large area.
2. Check the box to Enable User Code and type in your assigned user code
- Next click on Job Log and now select Printer Features
- It is highly recommended you change Color Mode to Black and White. This saves your department money and you can always come back and change it to Color as needed.
- Under Presets, click Save As...
- Type in an informative preset name. Generally the Printer Queue name and Black only (if you set it above to black only) will suffice
- Print a test document. This will save the preset as the new default for that printer.