Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Macintosh
Wireless Configuration for Mac OS
This article explain how to connect your OS X Mac to the eduroam wireless network.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi network menu bar icon.
- Make certain that Wi-Fi is turned ON. "Status: ON"
- Select "
eduroam". ( orUWGB-Guest for those without an eduroam-enabled campus account).
- Enter your username (include @uwgb.edu) and Password and select Join.
- Select "Show Certificate" and make sure that it is set to "Always Trust".
- Select "Continue" to Verify Certificate.
- Enter your Computer's Password and select OK.
- OS X is now connected to the network.
If you are still having problems connecting to the wireless after you have gone through all these procedures, make sure that IP v6 is disabled. To do so, open Network Preferences from the wireless icon, then click Advanced, click on TCP/IP tab, and change Configure IPv6 to Link-local only.