Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services
Using UWGB Internet Kiosks
This document discusses using UWGB internet kiosks
Kiosk stations are designed to provide quick access to email, SIS, D2L, etc. Please go to a computer lab if you need access to campus software, your network files, or printers. We ask that you notify the GBIT Service Desk at (920) 465-2309 if you experience any problems with these machines.
- You do not need to log into the kiosk stations. You can just step up and double-click Internet Explorer on the Desktop to use Outlook Web Access, the Student Information System, D2L, the campus calendar, or any other web-based application or web site.
- When you leave the kiosk station, please close Internet Explorer to ensure that none of your activity can be accessed by the next user. You will not be able to log out or shut down the computer. Just leave it as shown above – ready for the next user!
- Office 2007 and most other campus applications are not installed on the kiosk stations. Only Word, Excel, & PowerPoint viewers, Adobe Reader, RealPlayer, Flash, and McAfee antivirus are installed. Thus you will not be able to edit files, only view them. You also will not be able to save personal settings such as Favorites.
- Since you are not logging in with your personal campus account, you do not have access to your personal share (drive M) or any other network share to which you’ve been granted access.
- You will not be able to access local drives or flash drives.
- Printing is not available on campus kiosk stations.