Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Shared Drives
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Printing
Configuring a Ricoh MFP to Scan to a Network Folder at UW Green Bay
This document covers how to set up a Ricoh MFP to scan to a network file at UW Green Bay.
These directions apply to only the MFP environment at UW Green Bay.
1. Have the System Admins create a scanning share under the department share folder user will be email@example.com. Share will be fpsa.uwgb.edu\queuename_scans$. User will have modify rights to that folder along with department group account.
2. On the Ricoh – go into address book (must login as admin to see the address book)
3. Add an address book entry with both the Name and Key Display of “Scan to Folder”
4. On the Ricoh web interface – select configuration – Device Settings - File Transfer
5. Enter in the user name for SMB file transfers of firstname.lastname@example.org and password.
6. Test the scan to folder settings from the Ricoh. Users will see a Scan to folder tab when then hit the scanner button on the device.
The following devices are set to
scan to folder:
\\fpsa.uwgb.edu\CLRIC183_scans$ Ricoh MPC
\\fpsa.uwgb.edu\fac_scan$ Ricoh MP
\\fpsa,uwgb.edu\HRRIC221_scans$ Ricoh MPC 4503
\\fpsb.uwgb.edu\SERI41_Scans$ Ricoh MPC 4503
\\fpsa.uwgb.edu\OURIC201_Scans Ricoh MP C4504ex
Passwords for email@example.com
will be set through
PAM with a character set greater than 18, resulting in a requirement to reset
these in the Ricoh devices every 3 years.