Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Printing
Ricoh - Configuring a Ricoh MFP to Scan to a Network Folder at UW-Green Bay
This document details how to set up a Ricoh MFP to scan to a network file at UW-Green Bay.
***NOTE: These directions apply to only the MFP environment at UW Green Bay.***
1. Have the System Admins create a scanning share under the department share folder user will be firstname.lastname@example.org. Share will be fpsa.uwgb.edu\queuename_scans$.
***NOTE: User will have modify rights to that folder along with department group account.***
2. On the Ricoh, navigate to the address book.
***NOTE: Must login as admin to see the address book.***
3. Add an address book entry with both the name and key display of “Scan to Folder.”
4. On the Ricoh web interface select "Configuration," then "Device Settings," and then "File Transfer."
5. Enter in the user name for SMB file transfers of email@example.com and password.
6. Test the scan to folder settings from the Ricoh. Users will see a Scan to folder tab when then hit the scanner button on the device.
The following devices are set to scan to folder:
|CIRIC183||\\fpsa.uwgb.edu\CLRIC183_scans$||Ricoh MPC 2051||22.214.171.124|
|PPRIB216||\\fpsa.uwgb.edu\fac_scan$||Ricoh MP 2553||126.96.36.199|
|DIRIC220||\\fpsa.uwgb.edu\essscans$||Ricoh MPC 2051||188.8.131.52|
|HRRIC221||\\fpsa,uwgb.edu\HRRIC221_scans$||Ricoh MPC 4503||184.108.40.206|
|SERIC225||\\fpsb.uwgb.edu\SERI41_Scans$||Ricoh MPC 4503||220.127.116.11|
|OURIC201||\\fpsa.uwgb.edu\OURIC201_Scans||Ricoh MP C4504ex||18.104.22.168|
Passwords for firstname.lastname@example.org will be set through PAM with a character set greater than 18, resulting in a requirement to reset these in the Ricoh devices every 3 years.