Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Macintosh
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Adobe
Exporting Adobe InDesign Files to PDF (Mac)
This document covers how to export a layout in Adobe InDesign to a PDF file for sharing or printing while in MacOS.
1. With the document open, navigate to the "File" option on the Menu Bar.
2. Navigate to "File" > "Export..." in the Menu Bar.
3. After selecting export, InDesign will prompt for a save location. If the intended destination is locally on the Mac, press save. If a network share is the preferred destination, click the inverted triangle next to the document name.
4. With the advanced save pane open, navigate to the Mac from the left hand navigation bar and select it. This will allow for viewing of all mounted network shares. Select the desired network share and name the file for export. Then click "Save".
5. InDesign will then display the export preferences; change these if needed, or simply click "OK", and the file will be exported.