Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Using a HP ScanJet 3970 with macOS X 10.7 and Up
This document covers how to use the HP ScanJet scanners in Lab J of the GAC Lab (IS 1129).
1. Navigate to the Applications folder in Finder. In the Applications folder should be a folder labeled Hewlett-Packard. Open the Hewlett-Packard folder and inside should be the HP Scan Pro application. Open HP Scan Pro.
2. Select the New Scan button.
3. After a few seconds, HP Scan Pro will display a preview of what is on the scan bed. Typically the program will get the scan area right; however, if it does not, just grab the corners and adjust as needed.
4. Name the file as desired and select the save location. Saving to the desktop is a good option if the file will be large; make sure that the file is moved to a M:/ drive or emailed off the Mac. Desktops on Macs do not save across the network. Also, if one desires, the image format can be changed. Commonly JPEG is used. If the default file type is okay, or you have changed it ,press save and you are good to go.
5. The scanner will now scan the image and generate a image.
6. After the scan, Finder will show the files location on the system. Your scan is complete.