Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Shared Drives
macOS - Remote File Access using Cyberduck
This document covers how to use Cyberduck to transfer files to and from a campus webdav-enabled network share.
- For faculty and staff with UWGB laptops: VPN - User Guide
- For faculty and staff using personal laptops:
- Mapping a network drive:
1. Download Cyberduck from http://cyberduck.io/.
2. Drag the Cyberduck application from Downloads to the Applications folder to install.
6. With the application open, select the plus sign in the lower left hand corner. (Note that Open Connection will not get you all the options you need.)
8. Double click the share in Cyberduck to open it.
9. Your shared drive and its contents will now be present. You can open any file and view its content.
Opening a file from a share:
1. Double-tap a file to download and view it.
2. Cyberduck will show when the download is complete.
1. In Cyberduck, open the folder in the share where you want the file to be saved. Then, tap and drag the file from your computer to the Cyberduck window.
2. A transfer window will show when the upload is complete.
3. Once the upload is complete, you will see your file in Cyberduck.