Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services
Topics Map > Library
Troubleshooting Java Based Web Applications
Having problems running a Java based web application? Try this fix!
This document contains instructions on how to change the security settings in Java from "high" to "medium". These instructions have been known to fix many Java based web applications.
Websites that have been fixed by this:
- Remote Lab (in certain cases)
1) Double-click on the "java.cpl.exe" shortcut on your desktop to get to the Java settings.
Faculty/Staff: Click on the start button, then to go the control panel, and then search for "Java" to open up Java settings.
2) Click on the "Security" tab.
3) Move the slider to the "Medium" setting, then click on "Ok".
4) Test to see if the Java application you were having problems with is now working properly.
Please Note!: If this fix was run for a personal computer, after you are done using the Java application, it is highly recommended that you go back to the security tab in the Java control panel to move the slider back to "High". Leaving it at "Medium" at all times puts your computer at risk for viruses and malware.
Please contact the help desk by email: email@example.com or phone: (920)465-2309 if you have any questions or concerns.