Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications > Microsoft Office
Office - Installing Office 2019 on a Mac
This document outlines how to install the Microsoft applications on a Mac.
Office - Licensing for Office 2019 (Students)
Office - Microsoft Office 365 Faculty, Staff, and Students Login
1. Sign into Office 365 using the portal: https://portal.microsoftonline.com Be sure to use your full UWGB email address. You do not have to enter your password at this step.
2. Once you enter your UWGB email, you will be taken to UWGB's sign-on screen. Enter your password here. Note: Faculty/Staff will have to authenticate with Duo.
3. Once you sign in, it will bring you to a page with a list of app. Click Install Office on the upper right.
4. If it ask if you want to allow downloads, click Allow.
5. Office 2019 will begin to Download. You can see the progress on the bottom right of your screen.
6. Once the download in complete, the icon will look like this.
7. Click on the icon when complete and then click on the Microsoft Office Installer.
8. Follow the on screen instructions to install Office 2019. Enter your Mac's local password when prompted.
9. If you get a screen that asks if you want to put the installer in the Trash, click "Move to Trash".
10. When the installation has completed, open Word, PowerPoint, or Excel to register your software. You will use your UWGB credentials.
In Word, PowerPoint, or Excel, navigate to "Help" from the Menu Bar. Once there, select "Check for Updates."
If Office 2019 finds any updates, install them. It is a good idea to have Office automatically check for updates.