Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Wi-Fi > IoT (Internet of Things)
UWGB-IoT (Internet of Things)
This document details how students in campus housing connect TVs, gaming consoles, smart devices, etc. to the UW-Green Bay IoT network. Instructions for how to manage devices are also included in this document.
- To find the Wireless MAC Address of your device follow the instructions listed in this KB: Finding MAC Addresses for Personal Devices
- You can use any Email as long as it belongs to the owner of the device.
- Use the Phone Number that is most accessible of the owner of the device.
- The Name of the Device is up to personal choice meant to help recognize multiple same devices on the same network.
- Enabling AirGroup is meant for shared devices. Find out more about shared devices and how to set them up in this document UWGB-IoT (Internet of Things) - Registering a Shared Device.
- Any Notes are optional and are meant to help the user with any reminders, special information, device details, etc.
***NOTE ON GAMING: For high performance gaming, use the wired connection in the Residence Halls when available. You will need a standard Ethernet cable.
- We encourage students to connect to printers using a USB cable when possible. USB cables are available at the Help Desk free of charge.
- Printers are only allowed to be used on the wireless network if registered and connected to UWGB-IoT (NOT eduroam or UWGB-Guest).
- If you've registered your printer online and connected to UWGB-IoT, and it still does not work, you will need to turn off the wireless settings option and the WiFi direct setting. Even if your printer is turned off completely, if the Wi-Fi direct setting is on, it will still interfere with the network and cause problems for others in the building. USB cables are available at the Help Desk for connecting to your printer.
- There is a known issue with Epson printers not working on our network.