Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Wi-Fi > NetReg
How to Connect Your Device to UWGB-NetReg
This document covers how to connect devices to the UWGB-NetReg network.
UWGB-NetReg is designed for devices that cannot connect to the more secure networks (eduroam) such as printers, TVs, gaming consoles, Apple TVs, and more. You can use your computer, tablet or smart phone to register your device using the below instructions. This network is only for registered devices and will only provide internet access to these devices; computers, tablets, and smart phones will not have internet access through UWGB-NetReg and must use eduroam. You can have up to three devices registered to your name; devices can be shared with roommates if desired. See below for more details.
To register your device, select here. For instructions on registering, see "Device Registration Process" below.
Note on Wii's: Wii's will only connect via USB Ethernet adapter
Note on gaming: For high performance gaming, use the wired connection in the Residence Halls when available. You will need a standard Ethernet cable.
Note on printers:
- We encourage students to connect to printers using a USB cable when possible. USB cables are available at the Help Desk free of charge.
- Printers are only allowed to be used on the wireless network if registered and connected to NetReg (NOT eduroam or UWGB-Guest).
- If you've registered your printer online and connected to NetReg, and it still does not work, you will need to turn off the wireless settings option and the WiFi direct setting. Even if your printer is turned off completely, if the WiFi direct setting is on, it will still interfere with the network and cause problems for others in the building. USB cables are available at the Help Desk for connecting to your printer.
- As far as we are aware, Epson printers will not work on our network.
How to Find a MAC Address
Each device will have a slightly different registration process for finding its MAC Address. Use the links here to find your device's MAC Address before you start the registration process. If you do not see your device listed below, you can search on Google for how to find the MAC address for that specific device; it is usually located in the network settings or device information menus.
Device Registration Process:
1. Navigate to the UW-Green Bay NetReg page on a device already connected to campus wireless.
The page can be found here.
2. Sign in with your campus username (your email address without the "@uwgb.edu" at the end).
3. Select Create. This will make a new device record.
4. Fill the form out with your information and device details.
Note: The Shared With field would allow you to share the device with friends or roommates. Enter the friend or roommate's UWGB username in the field provided.
5. With all fields filled, select the Create Device button.
Your device is now registered.
Wait 15-20 minutes and reboot the device twice.
When it turns back on, you will be able to connect and use the NetReg network.