Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Mac
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Remote Support
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > Home Use Software
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Applications > SPSS
SPSS - Installation V29 Instructions for Personal macOS Devices
***NOTE: MacOS System Requirements: Big Sur (11.x) or newer.***
1. Navigate to the UW-Green Bay SPSS webpage. When prompted, login using your full campus email address and password.
2. Select "Download for Mac."
3. Navigate to your downloads folder, or the downloads list, in Safari.
4. Double-click on "SPSSSC_188.8.131.52_Mac.pkg.zip."
5. This will create a new file called "SPSS_Client_29.0 2." Open the folder and double click on the installation package.
6. Select "Continue."
7. Select "Continue."
8. Complete the following:
1. Select the desired language.
2. Select "Continue."
9. Select "Install."
10. Input your Mac password (NOT your UWGB login credentials) if prompted.
11. Wait for the installation to finish. This could take several minutes.
1. After installation, an IBM SPSS Statistics window will appear. Select "SPSS Statistics."
2. Select "Launch License Wizard."
3. Complete the following:
1. Select "Authorized user license."
2. Select "Next."
4. For the next steps, you'll need the SPSS Authorization Code. Navigate back to the UW-Green Bay SPSS webpage (this page may prompt you to log in, use your complete campus email and password) and copy the Authorization Code listed under SPSS v29 home use Windows and MAC.
5. Paste the code and select "Add." This will move the code to the bottom box.
6. Select "Next."
7. You will get a window like the one below, then do the following:
1. Make sure it displays "Successfully processed all codes."
2. Select "Next."
8. Select "Finish."
9. Open SPSS to make sure it opens successfully.
10. SPSS should now be successfully installed and ready to use.