Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Printing
Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Windows OS
Printing - How to Remove Print Drivers from a Windows Machine
This document details how to completely remove printers from Windows.
1. Open the command prompt:
1. Select "Start."
2. Enter "CMD" on the run line.
2. Right-click on the shortcut, "Run as Administrator."
3. Run the printui tool: printui /s /t2
4. Try deleting the printers.
***NOTE: If the above does not work, follow the steps below.***
1. Select "Start -> Run -> Services.msc."
2. Right-click "Print Spooler service -> Properties -> stop service."
3. Open "My Computer" and navigate to c:\Windows\System32\spool\Printers (you will need to select "OK" to get access to the folder).
4. Delete the contents of that folder.
5. Restart the computer.