Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services
Topics Map > Instructional Resources
Creating an Edudentity Account
This document will show you how to export your ePortfolio from D2L into Edudentity.
After you confirm your account (an email will be sent to the one you specified in account creation form above) log in to this page: https://mydesire2learn.com
This document will explain how to export your ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn. myDesire2Learn is a 3rd party service from the creators of the Desire2Learn (D2L) Learning Environment utilized by UW-Green Bay. myDesire2Learn will allow you to access your ePortfolio after graduation, even after your UW-Green Bay accounts and D2L access expire.
Some special notes regarding myDesire2Learn
- UW-Green Bay cannot provide technical support for myDesire2Learn and is not responsible in any way for the service provided by myDesire2Learn
- There is currently a 2 GB storage limit on myDesire2Learn
- You will need an "edudentity" account to access myDesire2Learn (creation process outlined below)
- Any changes made to your ePortfolio in D2L will not be reflected in the copy on myDesire2Learn, and vice versa
- Access to your ePortfolio through D2L will end 6 months after graduation, but access to your ePortfolio on myDesire2Learn will continue indefinitely
The following steps are what the video goes over:
Creating an Edudentity account
1. Go to the myDesire2Learn webpage and create an Edudentity account (https://edudentity.com/Web/Account/Create)
2. Read the terms of agreement. If you agree, check the box indicating that you agree and select the blue “Accept” button. If you do not agree, you cannot proceed.
3. Fill out your personal information in the form. Your email and password do not need to match your UW-Green Bay email and password. In fact, if you intend to use myDesire2Learn to host your ePortfolio indefinitely, it would be best NOT to use your UW-Green Bay email.
4. Once you’ve submitted your information a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you’ve just provided. Check that email account for new messages, and select the link in the message you receive from myDesire2Learn to active your Edudentity account.