Topics Map > UWGB Help Desk > Email
Sending a meeting request on behalf of someone else
This document outlines how to send a meeting request on behalf of someone else.
Configuring Out of Office replies in Outlook
In order to send a meeting request on behalf of someone else, you first have to have that person give you delegate access.
To give someone delegate access:
1. Open Outlook on the computer of the person who wishes to delegate their calendar.
2. Select "File" from the Outlook menu.
3. Select "Account Settings" and choose "Delegate Access."
4.Select "Add" and choose the person to whom the calendar will be delegated from the address book. Select "Add" again and choose "OK."
5. Accept the default permission settings in the Delegate Permissions dialog box. By default, the delegate can read, create, and modify calendar items.
To use your access to send a request:
1. Select "Open a Shared Calendar" and open the delegated calendar.
2. Click "New Meeting" in the new group on the Home tab. Enter the meeting attendees, location, and start and end times as you would do on your own calendar.
3. Select "Send" once the meeting request is completed. You have just sent a calendar entry on another person's behalf.