Topics Map > GBIT Service Desk Services > Accounts > Email
Outlook - Sending a Meeting Request on Behalf of Someone Else
This document details how to send a meeting request on behalf of someone else.
***NOTE: In order to send a meeting request on behalf of someone else, you first have to have that person give you delegate access.***
1. Navigate to Outlook on the computer of the person who wishes to delegate their calendar.
2. Select "File" from the Outlook menu.
3. Select "Account Settings" and Select "Delegate Access."
4.Select "Add" and choose the person to whom the calendar will be delegated from the address book. Select "Add" again and then "OK."
5. Accept the default permission settings in the Delegate Permissions dialog box. By default, the delegate can read, create, and modify calendar items.
1. Select "Open a Shared Calendar" and open the delegated calendar.
2. Click "New Meeting" in the new group on the Home tab. Enter the meeting attendees, location, and start and end times as you would do on your own calendar.
3. Select "Send" once the meeting request is completed. You have just sent a calendar entry on another person's behalf.