Topics Map > Instructional Resources > Qualtrics
Qualtrics - Adding a Consent Form to Your Survey
To add a consent block to your survey and have the survey continue only if the user consents:
1. Create your survey as normal.
2. Choose Add Block at the bottom of the first block of your survey.
3. Click the Block Options dropd own on the new Block and choose Move Block Up.
4. In the new block, select Create a New Question and make it descriptive text. This is where you will type or copy/paste your consent statement.
5. Add a question after this statement. Make it multiple choice with options “I consent” and “I do not consent” or similar.
6. Select Survey Flow at the top.
7. The page should list “Show Block: Block 1” and “Show Block: Default Question Block” or similar.
8. Select Add a New Element Here.
9. Choose Branch.
10. Select Add a Condition.
11. Create the logic: If [Question] [The question you created in step 5] [answer choice is consenting] is [Selected] and select OK.
12. Click and drag where the main block of your survey (“Default Question Block” if you have not changed it) says “Move” to place it under “Then Branch If” where it says “Add a New Element Here”
13. At the BOTTOM (not under “Then Branch If”), select Add a New Element Here.
14. Choose End of Survey.
15. Select Save Flow.
For more information on how to create this type of survey flow, visit: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/survey-flow-overview/